Instructions for presenters
These instructions about lengths and formats will also be sent to all presenters via email.
Length of presentations
- Keynote presentations – 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes for questions, a total of 60 minutes.
- Symposium review-presentations – 20 minutes presentation + 2 minutes for questions + 3 minutes for change of rooms.
- Symposium talks and oral presentations – 10 minutes presentation + 2 minutes for questions + 3 minutes for change of rooms, a total of 15 minutes.
- Poster pitch – 2 minutes
All presentations should be in Powerpoint wide format 16:9. Movies and sound files should be embedded in the Powerpoint files.
Upload of oral presentations
Talks can be uploaded to LUBox before the meeting (external website). This link will close Monday 21 August when the IT room opens. From Monday 21 August the presentation can be uploaded at the venue in designated places. Presentations cannot be uploaded in connection with your session or in the session rooms. Please try to upload your presentation the day before your talk.
On Monday 21 August, presentations can be uploaded in the University Building (Universitetshuset) between 14:00 and 20:00.
The rest of the week presentations can be uploaded in the IT room “Övre Athen”.
The IT room will be open:
• Tuesday 22 August 08:00–13:30 and 17:00–19:00
• Wednesday 23 August 08:00–13:30 and 17:00–19:00
• Thursday 24 August 17:00–20:00
• Friday 25 August 08:00–12:00
The naming of your presentation file
The name of your Powerpoint file should be in the format “OralSession1_Lastname”, “Symposium1_Lastname”, “Plenary1_Lastname” or “PosterPitcher1_Lastname”. The session number of your presentation is available in the programme.
- The format of the poster screens is 90 x 190 cm (width x height).
- Screens and pins will be available from 08:00 on Tuesday 22 August. The posters will hang during the whole conference.
- The posters will be presented in two separate sessions.
28 posters have been selected for pitching, and the selected ones have received an email invitation. The poster pitches are meant to be either teasers or summaries of your poster, to attract an audience to your poster (which will be displayed later on the same day in the poster session). Poster pitches with odd submission IDs are presented on 22.8. at 14:30-15:00 and poster pitches with even submission IDs on 23.8. at 14:30-15:00. Pitches will be presented in an ascending order following the submission IDs. Poster pitches will be presented in the main hall (Stora salen). The pitch duration is a maximum of 2 minutes, and you can have 1-2 slides. The slides need to be uploaded the latest on the day before the pitch.